Please bear with us as we update the look and functionality of our site.
Maljohn Company has provided the industry with pressure sensitive tape for use in any application/environment where a tough, durable wear strip is needed . Our pressure sensitive tape is also used in order to firmly bond 2 materials together and is available in varying thicknesses. Pricing information will be added shortly.
The purpose of the “INBI” self-centering idler is to keep the conveyor belt always centered, correcting defects that would prevent its working correctly. The idler is made up of a steel tube with a fixed shaft running through it, on which there is a central hinge joint which allows regular deviation of the tube. The INBI self-centering idler is covered with soft rubber which keeps it clean and also offers excellent adherence. Both aspects determine the efficiency of the system. To prevent entry of foreign bodies which could affect the efficiency of the operation, the interior is protected by rubber stoppers.
With the belt operating and lined up, the idler is held transversely at an angle of 90 degrees. The mass is balanced at both sides of the idler. When the belt goes off center, the idler comes into action; it is inclined over the loaded part, restoring the balance in this way and correcting the belt to its proper position.
This action can be repeated indefinately, due to the internal mechanism and the position of the shaft with relation to the belt, which must be with the flat part at an angle of less than 45 degrees, whichever way the belt is travelling.
The idlers must be placed below the belt so that they exert a slight upward pressure. The distance between the tail drum and the self-centering idler should be one third the length between the drum shafts of the conveyor belt (but with a minimum of 2 meters from the tail drum shaft).
For conveyor belts of less that 30 meters, a single idler will be sufficient. For very long installations, the distance between the first self centering idler -S- and the next should be approximately 25 meters to guarantee optimum results.
Flexible Cable Roller
Flexible troughing idlers are essentially comprised of a metal cored, high tensile steel cable with 180 KG/mm2 tensile strength and 6,600KG breaking strength. The metal core is pre-formed and un-lubricated. It is neoprene covered to adapt it to the discs which are the part attached to the actual conveyor belt.
|Flexible Cable Roller|
Thanks to the simple system of hooks, they are easily fitted and disassembled, unlike conventional idlers. It is not even neccessary to stop the conveyor to fit them.
The relative movement of the discs prevents sticking or jamming. The materials transported never spill over, thus avoiding deterioration and wearing of the belt.
|Greater Load Capacity!
The angle of the trough (up to 45 degrees) is such that overflowing is avoided without the necessity of retaining elements.
Greater resistance to abrasion and chemical agents. They absorb the shock of great blocks directly or with the help of side shock absorbers.
|Reduction in the number of idlers!
Two idlers for every three meters of belt, an average far below that of conventional systems.
- Longer lasting Idler
- It can bear temperatures of -35C to +100C
- Fewer Breakdowns (Only 2 bearings)
- It weighs six times (6X) less than a conventional station
- It is self-cleaning
- It centers the load.
Waste disposal Spouts
Proven Benefits of Maljohn waste disposal spouts:
- Made in Ultra High Molecular Weight Poly
- Reinforced with Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steel
- Out wears steel 6 to 10 times
- Light Weight
- Durable in temperatures as low as 100 degree F
- Resists chemical compounds and acid waste
STEEL REINFORCED UHMW SPOUT SECTIONS
- Outwears steel as much as 6 to 10 times
- Weighs less than 1/3 that of steel
- Improves Grain Flow
- Reduces Down Time
- Steel Flanged collars
- Adaptable to all steel systems
- Available in Antistatic Tivar 88 UHMW
6″ OD to 14″ OD ARE MAX.
10 FT. LENGTHS
14″ OD to 22″ OD ARE MAX.
4 FT. LENGTHS
* Lengths- Longer than – 30ft. continuous sagging may occur.*
Benefits of UHMW Spout Liners
- HIGHLY ABRASION RESISTANT
- SLICK SURFACE
- IMPROVES FLOW
- QUICK INSTALLATION
- NON-RUSTING (EXCELLENT FOR FERTILIZER)
- REPAIR WORN OUT STEEL SPOUTING
- PROTECTS NEW STEEL SPOUT FROM WEAR
- 1/3 WEIGHT OF STEEL
Multi sectional square Telescopic spouts
Maljohn Company has been the leading producer of abrasion resistant Telescopic spouts for use in the grain industry for many years. Telescopic spouts are used in many areas of the bulk solids processing industry to extend the life of your current metal components or replace them altogether and since Maljohns’ products are made of highly abrasion resistant and food grade UHMW/HDPE/Polypropylene you have a wide range of options to choose from. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you think that our telescopic spouts or any of our other ‘forward thinking’ abrasion resistant products could save your company money/ROI.
Abrasion Resistant Spouts
- Lightweight and easy to handle.
- Super abrasion and impact resistant.
- 140F to 180F working temperature.
- Corrosion and UV resistant.
- Rugged construction for long life.
- Available in square or rectangular spouts.
- Hinged pull away feature.
- Hand or power winch.
- Detachable funnel outlet.
- Stainless steel accessories.
- Vinyl dust sleeve.
Custom or standard units available with minimum lead time.
Click Here for Order/Enquiry Form
Benefits of Two part Telescopic Spout
- Weighs less than 1/3 that of steel
- Outwears steel 6 to 10 times
- Improves Grain Flow
- Reduced Down Time
- Available in food grade natural, reprocessed black and Tivar 88 extended wear life.
All Blue or Black Tivar 88 Telescopic Spouts include Rope, Handle, Adaptor and all hardware. Custom made sizes are available at short notice when required. Telescopic Spouts (square or round) are available from Regina or Hamilton. Taxes extra as applicable.
UHMW Flexible Spout Sections (small & large)
- PROVEN TO GIVE AS MUCH AS 6 TO 8 TIMES THE WEAR OF STEEL
- 1/4″ THICK ULTRA HIGH MOLECULAR WEIGHT POLYETHYLENE
- FLEXIBLE SPOUTS ARE ONE THIRD THE WEIGHT OF STEEL FLEXES
- THE MALJOHN COMPANY DESIGNED THIS FLEXIBLE SPOUT TO FIT ALL METAL STYLED UNITS FOR EASE OF CONVERSION
- FLEX SECTIONS MAY BE ROTATED 4 TURNS TO INCREASE WEAR OF LIFE
- SEAM IS PLACED IN NON WEAR POSITION
When Ordering Please Specify:
- FLEX SPOUT SIZE _ MEASURED AS O.D. OF SMALL END LARGER END IS 1 3/4 GREATER
- WALL THICKNESS – 1/4″ OR 3/8″
- TIVAR 100 OR TIVAR 88 (ANTI-STATIC OR VIRGIN UHMW)
- BUSHEL PER HOUR LOADING REQUIREMENTS.